Michella Meier-Morsi, a Danish influencer and mum of five, has recently gone viral after she showed off her unusually-shaped baby bump on Instagram, stunning her followers in the process. She had been documenting her progress while carrying triplets when people started to notice that her baby belly was particularly long. And being proud of her pregnant body paid off, as Meier-Morsi now has over 278,000 followers on the social media platform.
Before giving birth to her triplets Charles, Theodore and Gabriel, the influencer confessed that she was struggling with “extreme pain” as a result of the baby bump that grew “straight out” rather than “up and down.”
Throughout her journey, Meier-Morsi’s followers have had nothing but praise and admiration for her. “You are the actual definition of a goddess,” one commented. “You’re so strong,” wrote another.
Eventually, the mum had no choice but to undergo a C-section just 35 weeks into her pregnancy (five weeks earlier than the standard pregnancy)—a process for which she was understandably terrified. Prior to her operation, she updated her loyal followers, “The day before the day. Tomorrow morning we’ll be a family of seven.”
She went on to say, “I started crying like crazy when the hospital phoned earlier today to give us practical info on where to go, what to take before etc. Having three babies feels so unreal and it’s like my head can’t handle it.”
After the “wildest 36 hours,” Meier-Morsi was proud to announce the birth of her three sons on 15 January 2022.
Though she revealed the fact that the birth went better than she expected, she shared that her postpartum recovery was less forgiving, “I’m in grotesque pain. And right now I cannot see myself out of that nightmare… Fortunately, it helps lying with three adorable boys on your chest. Yep, I’ve already had the pleasure of having them all up at once. And it was completely magical!”
Meier-Morsi is currently in the process of recovery, and although it sounds like it won’t be an easy ride, she knows she can count on her followers to cheer her on.
To date, there have been several medical theories on whether human farts can kill someone. I mean, dinosaurs are proven to have farted their way into extinction. So it’s only fair to gauge the deadly effects of this phenomenon on the current inhabitants of Earth. In a bizarre twist of discoveries, however, it has now been revealed that stinky farts can actually make you go blind. Yes, you read that right and you might want to open another window for this one.
In a video reply to a comment stating “I once farted so hard I went blind for 3 minutes,” Doctor Anthony Youn, a holistic plastic surgeon based in Michigan, stated how human gases can be very toxic. “If the gas you pass is extremely pungent, it could contain large amounts of hydrogen sulphide (an extremely flammable and toxic gas known for its ‘rotten egg’ odour at low concentrations),” the doctor said.
“Studies show that hydrogen sulphide is very effective in reducing blood pressure. And if it reduces blood pressure to the central retinal artery, your silent but deadly toot could theoretically make you go blind. So be careful if you’re making a lot of bubbles in your bathtub.”
Shortly after the video graced TikTok, YouTube and Instagram, half of the internet was, quite literally, blown away. “Now every time I fart I’m gonna be stressed about gas-poisoning myself,” one user wrote while another admitted to “being scared for life”—given the fact that we are all walking biohazards.
The other half of the internet, however, came forward with even more insights into their personal experiences with ‘gastronomy’. “I once farted so loud that I couldn’t hear anymore,” a TikToker admitted. Other gassy queens and kings joined by illustrating their own bizarre brushes with flatulence. “I’ve been around others who passed gas and I almost threw up, definitely got dizzy… so I can see going blind from someone else as a possibility,” a user claimed, silencing the thread.
In the past, several experts have warned against holding a fart in—be it out of embarrassment or your incognito pursuit to find the best location to break wind. “If you hold in a fart too long it can be reabsorbed into your bloodstream and breathed out when you exhale,” NHS Doctor Karan Raj said in a TikTok video.
The doctor also added how 99 per cent of a human fart comprises non-stinky gases like hydrogen, carbon dioxide and methane. But that doesn’t exactly help reduce the threat either. Hydrogen and methane are extremely flammable—which is why, although not recommended, you can erm… light your farts on fire.
With all that being said, the effects of foul-smelling farts on visual impairment are worth noting before you pass wind across the room, even as a comedic tradition. Sure, smelling your partner’s farts is proven to be the key to living a longer life—along with reducing the risk of life-threatening illnesses including cancer, stroke and heart attacks—but that doesn’t mean you rip one off in point-blank range with no thought in the world.
Instead, embrace the winds of change. After all, a former reality star who made $200,000 (£148,000) from selling her farts in mini jars was recently rushed to the hospital for squeezing out one too many. Simply put, it’s not just the stinky ones that can wreak havoc in our system.