Among high-pitched audio distortions and menacing background scores, ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 is back with a new instalment of the Hawkins curse.
Disclaimer: This article includes ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 spoilers. If you’re someone who stopped watching the show in its third instalment, I recommend you to stay in the armpit, that is Mike Wheeler’s basement. If you’re caught up, however, proceed in an orderly fashion into the Watergate.
Ever since that girl Barb died a few years ago, it has been one thing after another in Hawkins. Set in the spring of 1986, six months after the Battle of Starcourt, the gang is now struggling with its aftermath as Eleven (Jane “El” Hopper)—played by Millie Bobby Brown—moves to California with the Byers. Having lost her powers, El struggles to adapt to her new life as she gets bullied by her classmates—something she keeps hidden from her boyfriend, Mike Wheeler.
Back home, Max Mayfield continues to mourn the loss of her stepbrother, Billy Hargrove, while Lucas Sinclair joins as a benchwarmer on the Hawkins High basketball team to aid his popularity in school. As Mike and Dustin Henderson become a proud part of the Dungeons & Dragons group, Hellfire Club, a new supernatural threat surfaces—one that sends the entire town reeling in horror as victims are left with their bones snapped and eyes gouged out.
Among high-pitched audio distortions and menacing background scores, Stranger Things season 4 is back with a new instalment of the Hawkins curse. Released three years after its announcement, audiences were bestowed with a much-alive Jim Hopper, a fresh heartthrob, a Barb cameo, a new sleep paralysis demon, adorable Dusteve dynamics, rekindled romance and an ‘extra sus’ character development of Will Byers. Oh, and we can’t forget the internet’s reaction to all of this.
Here are 30 of the best Stranger Things season 4 memes that are guaranteed to last you till its second volume drops with two new episodes on 1 July 2022:
1. The ‘Family Guy’ crossover we don’t deserve
2. Voldemort 🤝 Vecna
3. “Always the goddamn babysitter”
4. Are we going to talk about Will’s gay panic at the airport?
5. Nothing ‘Purple Palm Tree Delight’ can’t fix
6. *squelching intensifies*
7. Kate Bush supremacy
8. Bangers only
9. 001 deserved more screen time, period.
10. Don’t forget the roller skates
11. A new bar of friendship
12. We did get to see green paint on the canvas but…
13. … I’m 100 per cent convinced this is what Will painted
14. Here’s something you can’t unsee
15. “I can fix him”
16. Choose your fighter
17. ‘Gravity Falls’ X ‘Stranger Things’
18. Let’s not jinx things now, shall we?
19. The Wandafication of Eleven
20. Me and who?
21. It’s been two seasons, come on Steve!
22. All evil must have a home
23. This is peak meme culture
24. Two best friends chilling in a junkyard, five feet apart cuz they’re…
25. Quick, take notes
26. A comfort character
27. Robin Buckley deserves a raise at Family Video after this