In the early days of lockdown, we saw humble bragging about toilet paper in Tinder bios. Shortly after that in April, daters started mentioning their mask-wearing styles. As we move into the cuffing season, dating apps users have adapted to a ‘new normal’ of face masks, Purell gel and selecting your fives friends to meet until 10 p.m. To lighten up the mood, we’ve asked Tinder to share with Screen Shot its best Tinder Covid-19 bios. Here’s our top 25.
1. “COVID-free since ’97.”
2. “Usually I’m so late, but now I-so-late.”
3. “My mum says I’m essential.”
4. “Let’s chat for three months and never meet up…But no, really. Let’s.”
5. “6 ft tall and down to stay 6 ft away (for now).”
6. “My hands are dry, but my personality isn’t.”
7. “Can’t spell quarantine without u r a q t 😉”
8. “They said that a mask and gloves were enough to go to the supermarket. They lied, everyone else had clothes on.”
9. “I’ve got a six pack…of toilet rolls at home.”
10. “Let’s COVID-eo chat?”
11. “Will put on my nicest top and grossest joggers for our virtual date.”
12. “Usually catching flights not feelings, now trying not to catch anything 😷”
13. “Love to travel. Next trips are 🛁-> 🛋-> 🛏.”
14. “Oh nowww everyone wants to hear what introverts do for fun 💁♀️”
15. “I’m a breath of fresh air (figuratively).”
16. “Please send 20-second hand washing song inspo.”
17. “I’m rocking a quarantine mullet—business on top, party on the bottom.”
18. “Wanna join me on my desert (Animal Crossing) island?”
19. “‘To the windooooowsss, to the wallsss’ is my entire plan of action rn.”
20. “Looking to find someone other than my parents to team up with for TikTok challenges.”
21. “Quarantine and chill?”
22. “Social distancing IRL, but we can 🤝URL.”
23. “Will you be my quaran-tine? It’s like a Valentine, except we can’t leave the house and just eat a lot of snacks.”
24. “Since we’re all in quarantine I guess we’ll be making only inside jokes from now on.”
25. “Rapunzel was quarantined and met her future husband so I’m just going to hang here.”
For new gens, cringey pick up lines made by self-assured men at a bar are but a reality strictly seen in 90s movies. But where OK Boomers associate pick up lines with sketchy bars, new gens associate them with dating apps. We’ve all had one (at least) sent to us. And let’s be honest, some of us have also sent an occasional one to some hot match, too.
When it comes to sparking a conversation with a stranger on an app, pick up lines come in handy—or at least are the easiest, and sometimes worst, way to get that convo flowing. And as virtual conversations on dating apps are currently rising by the millions, with Bumble recording a 26 per cent increase in sent messages in New York alone, more and more ingenious pick up lines are showing up on our radar. That’s why we decided to deep dive through the many pick up lines we’ve seen, from funny pick up lines and dirty ones to lame and cringey ones, and created a compilation of the best pick up lines ever.
As sensitive of a topic the COVID-19 pandemic can be, it’s also good to laugh at the gravity of the situation. It seems like many people using dating apps have already seen the potential in coronavirus pick lines. Here are 5 of the best ones we’ve received:
“Should I spell it COVI-19 or do you want the D?”
“Is that ass a ventilator? Because it’s giving me life right now.”
“Is heaven your quarantine zone? Because you look like an angel.”
“I’m just a girl, standing 6 feet away from a boy, asking him to maybe move back another foot. Thanks.”
“Are you a pandemic? Because you’ve got my heart on lockdown.”
Dirty pick up lines are a risky move. Very few people will appreciate receiving one as a conversation starter, but the ones who dare to use them seriously and successfully deserve a lot of respect.
“Down to wine and 69 if you’re up to drink whiskey and get frisky.”
“Your pics got me hard but your bio made me cum.”
“Have you got home insurance? ‘Cause I’m gonna smash your back door in.”
“Are you a chicken farmer? Because you sure know how to raise a cock.”
“Are you a haunted house? Because I’m going to scream when I’m in you.”
If you ask us, most pick up lines are cringey but sometimes, you get lucky (or unlucky) and end up receiving an extra cringey one. Here are a few of the cringiest pick up lines out there:
“Is your name Earl Grey? Because you look like a hot-tea!”
“If you and I were socks we’d make a great pair.”
“I’m glad I brought my library card with me, ‘cause girl I am checking you out.”
“Do I know you? You look like my next girlfriend… 🙊”
“Let’s play Barbie. I’ll be Ken and you can be the box I come in.”
These ones aren’t real pick up lines, but they’re conversation starters that made us laugh because of how random and weird they sound. Enjoy!
“Out of all the animals in the world, which would you eat its ass?”
“You look like a serial killer.”
“Hello, I’m filth.”
“I have coke and you can call me daddy if you like.”
Pick up lines are very much still part of dating culture, however, new gens have realised how to use them in different ways, without giving them too much credibility or importance. Sending your newest match one horney pick up line as a conversation starter might not sound like the best idea, but, if done the right way, it could be seen as a charming and funny joke.
With the important part that dating apps took in our dating lives came the overflow of boring chats. ‘Hey lovely’ and ‘What’s up?’ are not enough anymore—everyone deserves a bit more than that—pick up lines can sometimes represent that extra effort.
So, what are you waiting for? Try your luck, try to start a conversation with a pick up line (you get some extra points if you use a COVID-19 one).